Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Musiciansfriend clearance...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Minger, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Uh, I don't mean to be promoting them...

but I just got my email on their clearance - Flippin Rocktek EQ pedal is $7, and shipping is free on everything...

I think I'm gonna be spendin some money today...

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Shipping ain't free on everything! That $20 Fender gig bag is down from $70 and looks like a good deal until you get hit with the $15 shipping charge. Eden D-210T are only $300 too!

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Didn't notice that - how the heck is a gig bag considered a heavy item?

Meh, wanted to get a new strap but heck - 15 bucks for cliploks and 17 for planetwaves locking strap? Guess i'll keep using my current locking strap - got it for free and well, I only play 1 bass at a time...

Kinda considering the Phaser right now as well...

4. SubversivePinko

SubversivePinko No use for an ironic title

Feb 19, 2005
    Bellingam, WA
    FYI, the Fender PT-10 pedal tuners are down to $20 from $50.

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I got myself one of those fender gig bags.

6. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Thats something I saw - and they're bound to be more reliable than the behringer ones coming out, I think so anyways.

Now to read up on some reviews on it...

I just don't think I really need a tuner because my ears still decent and well, both my basses go out of tune if I don't tune em like once every 2 weeks (I tune em every few days but you get the point...)

7. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    The shipping cost is based on size, too. The computer doesn't think about "context" when calculating shipping. Just the dimensions put in at the warehouse.

I'd call them on the phone and get them to lower the shipping price. I've done it without problem in the past...

9. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I own that gig bag, and I will tell you, for a gig bag, it's pretty heavy.

As for that Rocktech $8 phaser, would you guys say I should get it?

10. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Sure! For that price what do you have to lose? A very shallow phase can be very cool on bass, (man I'm dating myself here) I used to use an MXR Phase 45 on occasion and it was nice.

11. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Meh - last nite my mom falls asleep before I ordered the EQ pedal and Phaser on her credit card - and the EQ is sold out now....crap.

O well, phaser for cheap, as longa s it doesnt add too much noise it'll be good to mess with.

12. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for a cheap amp modeler for my guitar and they had a Korg Toneworks for $50.

13. Craigle

Craigle "Careful with that joke, it's an antique!"

Mar 10, 2004
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Thanks for this, I picked up the phaser and the compressor. With shipping my order came to be less than $22, so even if they're both crap, I can't really complain.

14. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I just ordered the phaser, YAY!

15. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    just got phaser and compressor cause theyre so cheap, who can really complain even if theyre crap? +1 to the original poster of this cause i totally wouldve missed it if you hadnt posted it.

16. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Yea +1 to minger I dont know wheter to get a compressor or a phaser? whats a phaser like?

17. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Phaser I'm not relaly sure, but heck, its somethin to mess with...

Compressor by them I heard is pretty bad - too much noise apparently.

post reviews when you guys get em!

Well, the items are going down...

And I just ordered the phaser and an Arion Overdrive, coming to a total of $23.

18. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    well I just got the compressor so I will tell you guys what I think of it because it seems most of you guy got Phasers.

19. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The compressor foot pedal looks to me like it's more for guitar solos than for bass. For bass you want a real clean studio type compressor. They have an Alesis compressor there for a good price.

20. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Just ordered the Phaser. Why not? An $8 pedal with free shipping.

I'd be interested in hearing from some of you guys who bought the Compressor. How does it sound? Does it have any utility at all?