Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xerogh, Dec 2, 2002.

1. xerogh

xerogh Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2002
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Does anyone know if usually has any xmas or post xmas sales? I have a bunch of stuff to buy and I was wondering if I should wait?

I just noticed that they dropped "free shipping".

2. I don't know about regular sales, all I can suggest is that you check M/F everyday if you're looking to buy something and then be prepared to buy that item right then if the price seems good. Case in point: Two years ago I was looking to buy a Jack Casady bass, M/F had them for $719 (about the average price) but, I noticed that the sunburst models were $449 - that's $270 off! I hesitated a couple of days and then it said the sunburst models were discontinued - Whoa was me! :( Deal of the century in the toilet. Then, I check back a few days later and there they are again as if nothing had changed: Black and gold models $719, sunburst $449. No, I didn't blow it the second time, I ordered one right then and there. The next day they were gone again, this time for good.

In a nutshell, DO NOT wait for a sale, just check them EVERYDAY. Musicians friend; they change like the weather.

Mike J.

P.S. This wasn't the only time something like this happened.