1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Musicman 1994 with SUB neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JazzyJames, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Im looking into getting this. Opinions?

81e2_12.jpg
    8814_12.jpg
    91ed_12.jpg
    7b90_12.jpg
    8bf2_12.jpg
    a49f_12.jpg
    af75_12.jpg

This the info with the bass:

This is a really striking bass that looks absolutely killer on stage!!!! The girls love this one...and thats what counts!!!!

The serial number is 42934....and you can call Musicman at 1-866-823-2255 to verify.

It is a Genuine 1994 Musicman....I replaced the neck with a high quality Musicman SUB Bass Neck(which I actually like better than the original neck!!!!)

The original neck was warped beyond repair....

This bass has all original Musicman Electronics,Bridge and Hardware. I have the string mutes as well and will ship them with the bass.

Im also including a very nice Fender padded gigbag.

2. Why not. If you don't like it, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

3. Bumpsauce.

4. I agree. I would buy it if I liked how the bass feels. If you don't like the SUB neck down the line, replace it. But I would think that would definitely degrade the price value.

5. Well, is getting a modified bass bad? Ive never played a SUB neck. I just saw this on ebay and thought the finish was sick but Id never heard of SUB and it seems theyve been discontinued. =S

6. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Well SUB was just a "cheap" MusicMan. They were great, they just didn't use the elaborate finishes and had a 2- band eq. Probably some other stuff too, but were great basses.

Honestly, I'd get it. I'd prefer the normal MusicMan Neck for looks, and thats it. I felt very little difference (In a good way) when I went to GC and played a Sub and a Standard back to back.

7. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    SUB is the budget model EB had going for a while. I don't know anything about them though.

Getting a modified bass isn't bad, but you have to be careful. Especially with neck issues - you have to ask why was the neck replaced, if it was warped then how did it get that way, and all that stuff. It could be an indicator for a lot of underlying issues so buyer beware ya know?

8. SUBs were made in San Luis Obispo where the other MusicMan basses are made. They discontinued the line because it was no longer possible to for EBMM to hit the price point they were aiming for. The SUB neck is a perfect substitute for the original neck...but I would not pay as much for that bass as I would for an all-original 94 Ray.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021