1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Musicman 30th Anniversary bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heathenscum, Apr 15, 2009.

1. heathenscum

heathenscum

Aug 21, 2008
    Does anyone have any idea how many of these were made? Also, what is the average cost of a used one?

Thanks! :bassist:

2. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I don't remember exact numbers, but it seems to me I heard between 700-800 at one point. Not that many.

The used price is anyone's guess. GC was blowing them out because they didn't know how to sell them, but most of the owners now realize they have something special.

Jack

3. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I think there were 215 made...I don't believe I'm mixing up that number. The best source is the EB Forum for the exact number. I'm thinking 215...

Average used price is all over the place. I've owned two of them and both were brand new. I got some ridiculous deals on mine because I knew people at the stores...but I've seen them used anywhere from the low low price of $1000 up to $1600 used.

Definitely buy it if you can and are looking for a refined single H Stingray. The feel and sound are +1 to a regular Stingray IMO.

4. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Uh oh...Bovinehost posted and I think I'm wrong. :p

I bet I'm thinking of the Fender FSR Hot Rod Jazz I used to own. Yep...just confirmed that is where I got that ridiculous low number.

:D

5. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
  6. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    If I remember right, the tally was 783 30th anniv StingRays made.

Here was me in the studio with mine. Sadly I'm an idiot for letting it go.

DSC01166.