1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Musicman 5-String W/ Piezo. Sound Good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ScottyQBass86, Mar 16, 2008.

1. ScottyQBass86

ScottyQBass86

Mar 16, 2008
    Hey guys. One of my favorite bassists is Reel Big Fish's Matt Wong. I love his tone so much. I did my research, and he plays a Five String Musicman Stingray with a Piezo Pickup in the bridge. He sounds fantastic live and in recordings, but that's only one guy. I was just checking if anyone's played one before, or own's one, and can gimme a synopsis of the sound, and if it's actually as fantastic as he makes it sound.

2. yeah i own one. it's a great bass. the piezo option adds a more woody and resonant tone to the bass when you blend it in. it definately gives you a ton more tonal options and blending it with the MM pickup is cool as well.

If you're getting a fretless I would Definately recommend it, but for a fretted bass it's kinda a toss up. It's cool, but expensive, if you can afford it, go for it, if it's gonna be tight, go without.

3. ScottyQBass86

ScottyQBass86

Mar 16, 2008
    Hey thank you so much man