Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Musicman cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ldiezman, Sep 28, 2001.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I know this kid here at school.. he doesn't really know how to play bass. but he has an old old crate all tube amp head and a musicman 15' cab... I know the musicman cabs aren't made anymore... but are they worth much???? just wanting to know

2. I don't know much about these cabs, but I do know that they still make them. You can buy the at Guitar Center for one. They have the HD-210, the HD-212 and the HD-410. Check out www.ernieball.com

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    i'm not talking about the audiophile cabs.. i am talking about the musicman cabs that have the guys forming the M.....

4. my friend has one of the really old "real" musicman cabs, I think he paid around $250 for it. It was in crappy condition though (still is, he never fixed it), so I don't know how much a good one would be worth.

why dont you ask him (or her) about it?

5. My keyboard player sold me his for $ 150. It has a 15BW in it.
    The grill cloth matches my Bassman 135 perfectly. This cab rocks! It even handles the low B nicely. It must be that it is a front loaded with a scoop port.
    I have seen them rom $150. to $250.I don't know if they sound as good with a different speaker. This one is the only one I've heard.

6. There is a full review on Music Man Bass cab's in the November 2001 issue of Guitar World Magazine with Ozzy and Zakk Wilde on the cover.
    Available at bookstores and Barnes & Nobles now.