Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MusicMan Customer Service

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris3142, Jan 4, 2002.

1. I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, but i wanted to tell everyone of my great experience with E.B. MusicMan customer service.
    So a while back, my stingray stopped working actualy, no output at all. So, i fiddled with stuff, let it sit, came back and it worked. Some of you might remember my thread about that a while back. So, I thought i was home free, well, i was wrong, it stopped working again, so this time i e-mailed one of the guys at MusicMan and he e-mailed me back within a few days and told me pretty much exactly what was wrong with it without even seeing the bass or anything. He told me to check the input, clean it out. and then he told me to check the battery box, actually take it out and check the wires, so i did that, and sure enough, one of them had actually come disconnected from the battery box, i soldered it back on and it's workign great. So, if you ever have problems with MM instruments, just give them an e-mail and they're very helpful. Just thought i'd let you know.
    Chris

2. I haven't had any trouble w/my bass yet, but when I registered my bass on a Saturday on their website (might of been Friday) and today in the mail I got the free set of strings. That was fast. I am enjoying my bass and want a Stingray 5 sometime in the near future.

jtbp

3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I bought my StingRay5 used. When I contacted the Ernie Ball service dept to find out some history of my bass, they were great. They told me the date of manufacturing and all the specific details of my bass. When it was originally sold and where the original owner bought it.
    Since then, i've had a few questions about my bass that i've asked them. Everytime, they get right back to me and encourage me to ask more questions of them.
    I wish the manufacturer of my current automobiles cared enought to be so helpful!
    Ernie Ball Customer Service dept, are the best!
    Cheers,

4. dprives

dprives

Apr 22, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Chris, many thanks for the post. You may have just saved me from an email to EB. I am having similar troubles with my Sterling. I know it's the battery box because when I press on it, it cuts in and out. I know, I know... stop pressing on it.

Rock On!
    :bassist:
    Dave

5. Aragorn35016

Aragorn35016 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    They refretted a sterling i got used off of ebay for like 150.00 dollars!! I live in AL. (Completely across the country) and they had it back in a week!! Plus the completely polshed every inch of the bass and sent me a bunch of cool stickers and stuff!! I dont know if another company exists with that kind of customer service!!!

6. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Funny, they didn't send me anything when I registered mine about two weeks ago! :crying:

Did you have to invoke any magic words?

7. vikunja

vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Norway
    When I bought my Stingray five I sent a mail asking what the gauge of the strings were, Music Man answered the same day! O.K not the hardest question to answer, but still thought it was pretty fast. I too got a set of Strings only a couple of weeks after I registered my bass, and I live in Norway. Fast service if you ask me!

8. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    Ernie Ball customer service is A - frickin - 1, no doubt about that.

cheers and a lot o beers.

Travis

9. ... Also MusicMan basses never break!!! :p :p :p

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I dealt with EB MM customer service twice. Once on a problem with a PRE EB bass, and once with a cabinet. They were AWESOME both times. Their customer service could not be any better.

11. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

D'ya think it might have something to do with the fact that this comment is well over two years old? :eyebrow:

They stopped the promotion some time ago. if your bass didn't have a hang tag that said, "FREE STRINGS!," then you weren't supposed to get free strings.

I've dealt with EB CS from the top down, and they are stand up guys (except for those who are female--they rock equally :D ). I think it says a lot that the in house tech who does the repairs is the same guy who sets up the endorsers instruments, too.

12. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    I thought the point was that you SHOULD give them an email ;)

13. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Wow, people sure do drag up old threads! Sheesh...

Anyway, when was the last time you saw a hang tag on any axe at Guitar Center? :meh:

14. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Hm, here in Australia there's hang tags on a lot of instruments, IIRC.

15. I had the same problem: one connector broke loose from the battery box, 3 days before our next gig! I called the shop and he sended me to his tech-man:) after minutes: Stingray like new!