1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MusicMan Cutlass II w/trans-teal sabre body!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kittyboy, Dec 7, 2006.

1. kittyboy

kittyboy Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    According to the research I've done the pre-Ernie Ball Cutlass II is the rarest production instrument MM ever made. 300 pieces total. The cutlass I came with a stingray body and the II came with a sabre body. Both used custom fiberglass necks. Everything else was identical to a stingray/sabre except that the bridge serial number indicated it was a cutlass. So it's the neck that's really the rare piece in the equation.

This neck is very nice and was put on a replacement body before I got it. The body is dated 1988 and has the very rare trans teal finish in beautiful condition. Body date and pots all confirm 1988.

As always, I'm sad to part with this but I'm moving and need to free up space and $$. It does all the things a sabre can do but with the special qualities a graphite neck can provide, offering very piano-like tones when desired, but also capable of tons of bottom-end power, growl, you name it. As Borat would say: Very Nice. It's in great shape functionally and cosmetically. There's a scratch on the back that's very shallow (see pic) that might buff out, otherwise very very clean.

$1850 +shipping/best offer. Consider trades for quality mics or mic pres.

Thanks.

2. kittyboy

Sep 27, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    More pics:

3. kittyboy

Sep 27, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Una mas:

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Dude, love the fire escape shots! :p :D

5. kittyboy

Sep 27, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Open to offers...

6. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    what pickups are those
    ?

7. Yell03SpecV

Yell03SpecV

Mar 22, 2006
    Chicago
    That sure does look like carbon fiber....

Awesome. Great looking bass.

8. GhostLobby

GhostLobby totally deeeeef on the hi-hat side

Nov 20, 2006
    Seattle
    Very, very cool. I had a fretless Sabre in high school and (even though I sucked on fretless) I loved it. If I had the money you'd have a PM.

9. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Sick!!! Wow. Bump.

10. kittyboy

Sep 27, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Bump for offers.