Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

musicman eq circuit

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ahpook, Jun 21, 2002.

1. ahpook

ahpook

Jul 13, 2001
    does anyone know what the centre freqencies of a stingray eq ? either 2 or 3 band ?

2. EB's 2002 catalog makes no mention. Try their website st www.ernieball.com and a "contact us" link. Most manufacturers are pretty responsive to questions like this; they tend to get eliminated in the next round of website changes and literature.

3. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

FWIW, here's from the Seymour Duncan site (the specs for their Tone Circuits™ pre)
    hmm...that Midrange Cut at "633 KHz" might just be a typo :) .

4. Thanks for takin' my back, ND, but no, the 633hz cut would be typical of a "slap contour," and is not a typo. You are to be congratulated for actually finding the info. tho' (Hey, all I did was make a general type of suggestion.) Basslines MM slap contour is centered at 800hz, FYI, just in case you just gotta have that sound for your MM bass. I got that info when I acquired my FNA containing the circuit. Having the center point at 800 as opposed to the high 500-low 600 range will enable a fatter low mid sound for rawk-type players, especially with 12" speakers. Bassline's bass freq point is higher also, at 80hz if memory serves. ND's info shows 20hz and in my mind could be on a 5-string axe. My info above is based on a 4-string. Remember that open low E, regardless of how many strings are on an instrument, is gonna be 63hz, so consider your numbers carefully here

:)

5. Actually, I believe the typo would be that they have listed '633 Khz', which is so far above the range of human hearing it's ridiculous.

mike
    dude's roadie

6. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    ?? Low E is 41-ish Hz.

The 20-Hz center frequency on the bass control is kinda low (Low B is 31 Hz), but with a Q of .67 it is fairly broad* - I think in effect this is basically a "shelf" EQ that doesn't affect the really really low frequencies.

7. ahpook

ahpook

Jul 13, 2001
    thanks people - i've tried my sabre thru sound forge's spetrum analyser and the sd figures look about right.