1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Musicman in GC today.............wow!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWBass, Dec 7, 2018.

1. wizard65

wizard65

Sep 1, 2014
    I had to be very thirsty to drink the ole vitamin B!

2. Briton

Briton

Apr 4, 2009
    London,England
    You buy an EB Stingray and even if you do a slightly aggressive hammer on, the g string comes off the neck. So much for quality made instruments. EB are just like many other manufacturers they claim perfection for their extortionately priced instruments when the fact of the matter is that they have flaws.

3. Twice19

Twice19

May 27, 2018
    The 5 strings yeah.

4. lowdownthump

lowdownthump Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Thank you. Which one? The sparkle or the leather one that I made with the buckle?

5. Briton

Briton

Apr 4, 2009
    London,England
    Yep I should have mentioned five strings, both on the Stingray and the Bongo.

6. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Ok, but I'm not sure how I misrepresented your original post... You compared MIM Fenders to 2k plus Musicmans to justify the price of the Musicman. Do you think you are the only one who thinks that a $600 MIM Fender is not as well built as a 2k plus Musicman? Does that help the op understand why the new Stingrays cost more than the older ones? Why not just tell the op how/why the new Stingray is better than the older, less expensive model? Would that be more helpful?

Stevorebob likes this.
  7. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Peeps complain about pricing. I was just pointing out that of one wants StingRay quality one shouldn’t reasonably expect to get it at a modest price. If one wants a modest price point, one should look to a modest bass. I was not comparing EBMM and MIM Fender quality. I was using MIM Fender as an example or what one gets at a modest price. And no disrespect to MIM Fenders — everyone knows they’re better than MIA Fenders (that was a joke). I was just raking ya ‘cause you turned around what I said. Peace, my friend.

lowdownthump and king_biscuit like this.
  8. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US

I'm your friend :)

Stevorebob likes this.
  9. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    It was a great Bass for me but I don't know if I would want to own another one though