Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

musicman question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pbassfreak, Jan 3, 2003.

1. pbassfreak

pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    having only played passive basses until recently i was wondering about how long the 9 volt battery last..i just bought a mm stingray and i can see myself getting to a gig and the battery goes dead..i will carry one in the case..but was wondering out of curiosity how long they they last you guys..thanx

2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Mine has been in for about six months now and it's fine. Just leave the bass unplugged when you're not playing it.

3. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    If you gig-
    replace the 9-volt on the first of the month whether you think it needs it or not-
    Just a suggestion to be assured.
    I do it and don't worry, even though I know that
    the batts last longer.
    "Fresh is Good"!

4. JMBass

JMBass

Nov 27, 2002
    Portugal
    I don't play many times with my Stingray, but the battery usually lasts for about 1 year if you disconnect the plug when you're not using it.

5. Yeah, batteries last about a year of average use, but I replace mine every two months so the situation never arises. And the jack socket is the on/off switch, so always unplug it when not in use.

6. What they said. I usually try to switch the batteries (got a SR5 and an EMG-equipped guitar) every 4 months or so. The battery doesn't go dead all of a sudden anyway - you'll begin to feel a loss in tone and dynamics when it nears death, but you'll still be able to play for a couple hours before the output is completely lost.