MusicMan S.U.B. or Fender Aerodyne

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoLoW, Jun 1, 2003.

MusicMan S.U.B. or Fender Aerodyne

Poll closed Jul 1, 2003.
  1. MusicMan S.U.B.

4 vote(s)
  2. Fender Aerodyne

4 vote(s)
  1. SoLoW

May 6, 2003
    Out of these 2 new basses, which would you buy?
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    keep looking. honestly.
  3. I never heard about Fender Aerodynes before..:confused:
  4. rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    I've never played the SUB but I can asume It's alot like a real stingray as it is modeled after one. I have played the Aerodyne and can say it is not just a cheaper jazz bass. The P/J combo and the basswood body really set it apart. At first i was worried about the basswood body, but it really had a great tone. I could get everything from punch and a mellow mo town sound out of it. I doesn't however get a real jazz bass sound, but it still sound's great. And the fender just looks more bad @ss too :)
  5. I'm thrilled with my new Aerodyne. It's even gotten me away from my beloved Lakland 55-94 Deluxe on occasion. Since the Lakland does a pretty nice Jazz (and since we actually have a MIA Jazz) I pretty much use the Aerodyne as a Precision, a role in which it excels. So far I have not really had much use for the J pickup at all. I just roll the J-pickup's volume pot to zero and turn the P-Pickup's volume up to 10, and keep the tone pot at 10. Sounds great, especially through my EBS Multidrive in "tube amp emulation" mode. I find the straight SWR 350x/Euphonic Audio CxL 112 rig a bit on the clean side for this bass or at least my current idea thereof. Also especially good played with a pick. Either way, a great rock bass.