1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MusicMan S.U.B. or Fender Aerodyne

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoLoW, Jun 1, 2003.

MusicMan S.U.B. or Fender Aerodyne

Poll closed Jul 1, 2003.
  1. MusicMan S.U.B.

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Fender Aerodyne

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. SoLoW

SoLoW

May 6, 2003
    Texas
    Out of these 2 new basses, which would you buy?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    keep looking. honestly.

3. I never heard about Fender Aerodynes before..:confused:

4. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    I've never played the SUB but I can asume It's alot like a real stingray as it is modeled after one. I have played the Aerodyne and can say it is not just a cheaper jazz bass. The P/J combo and the basswood body really set it apart. At first i was worried about the basswood body, but it really had a great tone. I could get everything from punch and a mellow mo town sound out of it. I doesn't however get a real jazz bass sound, but it still sound's great. And the fender just looks more bad @ss too :)

5. I'm thrilled with my new Aerodyne. It's even gotten me away from my beloved Lakland 55-94 Deluxe on occasion. Since the Lakland does a pretty nice Jazz (and since we actually have a MIA Jazz) I pretty much use the Aerodyne as a Precision, a role in which it excels. So far I have not really had much use for the J pickup at all. I just roll the J-pickup's volume pot to zero and turn the P-Pickup's volume up to 10, and keep the tone pot at 10. Sounds great, especially through my EBS Multidrive in "tube amp emulation" mode. I find the straight SWR 350x/Euphonic Audio CxL 112 rig a bit on the clean side for this bass or at least my current idea thereof. Also especially good played with a pick. Either way, a great rock bass.