Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Musicman S.U.B. or Geddy LEE Jazz+

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Hey I was wonering what, in your opinions, should I get a Geddy Lee Jazz bass or a Musicman S.U.B. I play rock music, blues, Heavy Metal, and Classic Rock. Finally I like slap tunes from RHCP and other slap bands like Marcus Miller. So I would like to know which would you prefer. I know a geddy has a thin neck but I already have an SR400 with a thin neck ( I know they dont compare) just saying but i heard the SUB is just like the stingray and it sounds reall good. thanks

2. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Get the Geddy

3. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I own a Geddy and a Stingray, and I have played a friend of mines SUB a bunch of times. IMO they're equal. As far as construction, sound, quality and value I think both are great. Deciding which one to get should be based on your thoughts after you try both out. Its like comparing apples to oranges, the one you choose should be based on which one suits you better.

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Geddy.

5. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    For me, the choice would be the SUB in terms of sound. But the Geddy sure is sexy...

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Geddy. SUB is a more budget based instrument. Geddy just kicks butt.

7. tomd03

tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    The SUB. I own both and for the harder rock, you get the great stingray tone and snap through the SUB, but the Geddy is a great choice too...it has great growl and tone..and looks kickass.... so I say try both out and see which one you like.

8. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    IMO they'd both suit you well. You could save up for a used 'Ray though, that wouldn't be too much more?

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    GL!!

10. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I really like MM products. But I'm not crazy about the SUB. I had one for a couple of months and sold it. So I'm going to say go for the Geddy.