Musicman S.U.B question.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by page, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Has anyone who owns one ever changed the pickguard? A friend told me , that because of the "textured" finish , any pickguard besides those metal looking ones that come with it, look like crap. Is this true, anyone have any pics? Weird thing to ask I know, but im interested in buying one. Thanks folks.
  2. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Hmmm, well the finish is textured, but its not like super chunky either, it is really cool looking and suprisingly durable. The pickguard it comes with does look and feel like cheap plastic, and you can replace them with an aftermarket pickguard you would buy for a real stingray. It is a great bass though, even with the stock pick guard. I say buy one.

Edit--oops, I didn't see the part, where you said that thing, yeah so, I've never seen the pickguard changed out on the sub, but i imagine if you bought a plain white one it would look good. Why not?
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It looks fine, I've done it for people but don't have pictures. Besides, plastic holds up better to the elements of bass playing better than that stupid diamond plate thingy.
  4. Alright, thanks guys, I was thinking of getting blue and putting a tort pickguard on it.
  5. Have seen pics on ebay of SUBs with different pickguards....they looked fine! A couple I saw had mirrored guards which looked real nice....but I pretty much think, if the plate would look OK on a ''d look fine on an SUB!