1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Musicman Sterling 4 String - $750

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by west*coast*bass, Apr 25, 2015.

1. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey folks...I'm selling my Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling 4 string. Serial number dates it to 1999, and it's in great condition. The neck could use a quick date with some steel wool to clean it up a bit, but there are no dents, dings or issues. The preamp is in perfect working condition and there are no issues with the 3 way switch. The paint is in excellent condition with very minor mojo.

The bass is in the mid 8 pound range and comes in the original hard shell case.

I'm pricing it to move - please note that the low price is not an indication that there is anything wrong, I'd just like for it to move quickly.

I'm selling the bass for $750 plus actual shipping rates. PayPal accepted.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    blindrabbit likes this.
  2. 61reissue

61reissue Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Great bass and a great price!

west*coast*bass likes this.
  3. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I agree on both counts!

4. Red Four

Red Four

Apr 4, 2011
    Missouri
    These are terrific basess. I have the same model (same finish, too) but a few years older, and these are such versatile, great-sounding basses. They cut through really well live or on a recording, and the 3-way switch is killer - you can get StingRay sounds in parallel mode, aggressive sounds in series mode, or warmer/more traditional tones in single-coil mode. Almost like 3 basses in one. And a great-feeling Jazz-sized neck, too. Good luck with the sale!

blindrabbit and west*coast*bass like this.
  5. Where is $775 when I need it??! :banghead:

6. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I feel your pain!

blindrabbit likes this.
  7. ...yeah, I guess you do! :laugh:

I hate tax time. Just had three instruments of my own go in the past month or so. :(

Good luck with the sale, hope it works out for you in the end!

8. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA

Thanks...someone is going to get a great deal!

blindrabbit likes this.
  9. Agreed. Sterlings are INCREDIBLE basses. Uninformed readers out there - this is the bass that will "do it all" for you, and at the price, buying this should be an absolute no-brainer. Trust me, you will NOT regret it. What I regret is selling mine. :( It was likely the best bass I've ever owned, certainly top three.

Red Four likes this.
  10. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Bump to the top...who wants an amazing US made Sterling at a killer price? I know someone does...please step to the front of the line!!

blindrabbit likes this.
  11. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Price lowered to $750...there is a bass for sale locally that I want! Someone needs to grab this awesome Sterling!!

12. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Sold locally...thank to all who showed interest!