Musicman Stingray 4 with Piezo setup, help please..

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by skaine, Mar 19, 2015.

1. skaine

skaine

Dec 11, 2014
    piezo.JPG

Hi there,

Yesterday i got a second hand Musicman Stingray 4 with Piezo.

So can you please help me about setting up the piezo please?

As seen in the picture there are 6 blue controls (5 adjacent to each other and 1 seperate.

Which one do what i am really confused?

I will be happy if you tell me what they do from left to right, thank you!
    If there are specific presets for different kinds of music that would be great too :)

2. skaine

skaine

Dec 11, 2014
    I found this diagram by the way, but it doesnt help at all.

cfd_stingray_h_piezo_3eq.jpg

3. Why not adjust them and see what they do?

Four of them adjust individual string volumes. One may or may not be an extra for the five string basses that use the same preamp. The last one may be a gain control.

JustForSport and skaine like this.
  4. skaine

skaine

Dec 11, 2014
    Thanks very much, i wasnt aware of they are changing individual sting volumes, i thought they are kind of bass, high mid, low mid, treble eq thing.

Actually i havent got that bass for piezo, it was a cheaper bass when compared with the other second hand stingrays in the market in my country.
    Since it features a piezo setting i wanted to learn what does it do :) I didnt like the tone when i go full piezo, but turning it up like 20 percent is much better.

Also when playing i have to turn down the treble quite a bit. Treble surpasses other tones and the overall tone becomes very bright almost sound like an electric guitar rather than a bass.
    Maybe its me, because i was playing my other bass with vintage tones before that

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2022