1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Musicman Stingray 5 Case?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheMutt, Apr 20, 2010.

1. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Searched around, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm looking for a replacement case for my Musicman Stingray 5 bass as the current case is barely being held together with lots and lots of epoxy. I've considered trying to purchase another stock case, as well as possibly looking into the SKB Fender case, but was wondering if anyone else has used a different case for their bass than the stock one.

Thanks in advance! :D

2. iCombs

iCombs

Jan 6, 2009
    Minneapolis
    I use one of these.

Survived a couple hundred shows...still have 2 of them and they're still holding up!

3. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    The Warwick case is definitely an option. I should have been more specific though. I'm looking for a lightweight bass case (not a tour grade case, and not a gig bag) that also has a pocket for a strap and possibly an extra set of strings as well.

4. BobKos

BobKos

Apr 13, 2007
    I thought the MM Stingray cases were all the same. Could be wrong. Why not take your bass over to GC and see? They'll probably give you a decent deal on one. They DO sell factory cases separate from the guitars that came in them.

5. iCombs

iCombs

Jan 6, 2009
    Minneapolis
    Good advice. I'm personally not a huge fan of that style case...mostly because the ribbons that act as open-stops ALWAYS tear out from where they're fastened and after a while your case only opens all the damn way...which is annoying as hell to me.

6. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP

Sep 26, 2008
    I would also think most Fender cases would work just fine.

7. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I've got a brand new MM plastic case I'm not going to keep.

8. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    East Bay, CA
    I had a StingRay 4 that came in a Fender tweed case. The headstock end of the case wasn't wide enough--the G string tuner's key dug into the case. This messed up the tuner and gouged the lining & wood in the case. Not ideal.

9. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Took my bass to GC last night to test the fit on some cases. The SKB Fender case was a bit too large body-wise and too small headstock-wise.

I did exactly this last night. :)

If I trusted shipping companies more, I'd probably buy yours off of you. :)