Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Musicman Stingray 5 w/ Piezo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by karandy29, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Hello guys, I am thinking about buyin a new bass for me which i can use for quite a long time, and i am thinking about The Musicman 5 w/ Piezo, from what i have played, it sounded very good for me, comfortable, and very-very cool looking! :bassist:

So tell me about your opinion bout this bass, and how much is the avarage price of this bass, from the store near me it is priced about US 2100$, and tell me the pros and cons about it, Thank you guys. :D

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    $2100 in what currency?

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    $ 2,100 is based in price list,you never have to pay the price list, :scowl:

4. Dollar man, but it doesnt include discounts

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    THey sell for about $1300-$1500 so i think you're price is incorrect.

6. Well the store give me that price, well maybe they tried to trick me :D but from what i have seen the price range for stingray 5 is around 1900$, lol im confused :confused: :D

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    lolz its the simple for sure teehez..

What store is this, and what other prices do they give for other basses.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  9. I never know that just an extra piezo cost more than 600$. :confused: ***?? :eyebrow: But anyway that bass driving me nuts when i played that bass :p

I really wants it! but not for 2000$ :D

10. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    Seattle
    I had a beautiful 'Ray 5 w/ piezo, natural finish with maple board. I didn't use the piezo much, though. Yeah it changed the sound, a little more woody and natural, but usually I only added it for some extra bite. The problem I had with it was that it exentuates fret noise while taming down the low-end ballsy part of the tone. It's best used on a fretless. Could never get a jazzy tone out of it either. To be fair, it played great, had some of the best slap tone I've heard, and if you like aggressive the 'Ray will fit the bill.

I wanted something that could get me that old-school jazz tone when I wanted it. The 'Ray's hummy wasn't going to do that, so I traded mine to a guy on e-bay for a Mike Lull V4. The jazz is more my thing, I guess.

Have fun, sounds like you'll love it!

11. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    The price of a new Ray 5 with piezo will be something around $1450-1600 depending on the dealer. The piezo is usually around a $300 up charge.

Andrew

12. ooo ok man, If you say around 1500$ maybe i will start searching right away, That bass driving me crazy when i look at it! And maybe it's exactly what i want, I like playing some Rock, and Funk. Thanks man! anyomre opinion guys? :D