For Sale Musicman Stingray 5HH - Black Cherryburst - Matching Headstock - Price Drop Again

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AztecViking, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Price:
    $1200.00
    Strings:
    Stingray 5HH in Cherryburst with matching headstock. Great funker and all around tone monster. Built in 2008. Sounds especially great played live with a band. I've never had this bass not cut through a mix in any type of live playing situation.

It has a new set of DR Black Beauties on it ( 45-125 ) and a brand new battery. Includes OHSC.

I have no way to accurately weigh the instrument but it is noticeably lighter than my fretless Stingray 5HH.

Serial #E67208

$1300.00 $1250.00 $1200.00 includes shipping to continental USA. PayPal payment preferred. No trades.

There is a reflection of a brass bathroom doorknob in a few of these pics which appears as if it might be a ding but isn't. BCB_Stingray5HH_02.jpg
    BCB_Stingray5HH_01.jpg BCB_Stingray5HH_03.jpg BCB_Stingray5HH_04.jpg BCB_Stingray5HH_05.jpg BCB_Stingray5HH_06.jpg BCB_Stingray5HH_07.jpg BCB_Stingray5HH_08.jpg

It has a few minor dings. The most present one is on the top edge of the headstock.
    7D4lAzg.jpg
    iJk15zv.jpg
    0HfmAyC.jpg
    rDaiP0r.jpg
    None of the dings affect the playability of the instrument and are not apparent from an audience POV. There is some swirling on the pick guard but as much as you might expect for a bass of this age which has been moderately played.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    nateh415, Jamarvic, bassdood and 6 others like this.
  2. dfunkyrehfeldt

dfunkyrehfeldt

Jan 27, 2013
    That’s a beautiful bass! Love that matching headstock! How’s the action? I like it low...way low.

AztecViking likes this.
  3. It's a fast player. ATM it's setup at what I'd call "decently low" action but it could still go a bit lower. It's got the most balanced and even feeling neck/fretboard of anything I currently own.

4. Jhalb

Jhalb Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2018
    St. Louis
    Somebody needs to buy this bass. Bump

5. Hey John! I very much appreciate both the bump and the sentiment! :thumbsup:

6. mcclurer16

mcclurer16 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    This is a great price for a great bass !

AztecViking likes this.
  7. Jamarvic

Jamarvic Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Keeping an eye on this...drool

AztecViking likes this.
  8. Jamarvic

Aug 5, 2009
    Offer sent via PM.

9. Jamarvic

Aug 5, 2009
    I’ll take it!

nateh415 likes this.
  10. This is available again. I had second thoughts and kept it for awhile longer but it's now officially back on the market.

11. Ken Thorstenson

Ken Thorstenson

Mar 19, 2019
    Price the same ? I’m interested