1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Musicman Stingray - Black/Maple/Black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Sparkdog, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparkdog

Sparkdog Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    Musicman Stingray HS, black with matching headstock, black pearl pickguard, and maple fingerboard. It's also equipped with Schaller straploks. This bass sounds as good as it looks. I looked for a long time for the perfect Stingray and this is it. There are NO dead spots and output is beautifully balanced across all 4 strings (no weak D or G like many Rays have)

This is the most versatile of all the Stingray pickup versions to me. The 5 position switch lets you select different coils - in the back position you get the exact same wiring and tone as a classic single pickup Ray, but the addition of the single coil adds huge versatility and puts more traditional P and J type tones within reach, plus it's much easier to slap than an HH model.

It plays like a dream too. The bass is absolutely perfect with the exception of one tiny mark on the lower horn. I touched it up with black epoxy and it's practically invisible, but I have a picture of it if you want to see it.

It weighs 9 pounds 8 ounces according to my digital scale.

Comes with the original hardshell case and new DR Nickel Lowrider strings. I'm selling it because I have too many basses and money is tight.

New Stingrays with these specs sell for $1500-1600 bucks...I'm asking $950 including FedEx shipping within continental USA. Money order preferred, but Paypal is OK too.

2. Sparkdog

Sparkdog Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.