1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Musicman stingray black sparkle

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman_2_1, Mar 28, 2006.

1. bassman_2_1

bassman_2_1

Dec 31, 2005
    Hi anyone know of any dealers that have a musicman stingray 3eq, rosewood neck with matching headstock in the black sparkle colour? i understand thet this colour is not being made any more? even better has anyone got one that can show off there pictures of it :D thanks

2. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    I think, but I'm not 100% sure that you should be able to track one down trough the EB website. If I remember correctly, you confugure the instrument, and then you try and locate one by typing a zip code. I tried that a few years ago, so it may have changed now.

3. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    That's pretty specific.

Bass Central has a SR5 black sparkle piezo with maple fingerboard, non matching.

They don't photograph well.

4. bassman_2_1

bassman_2_1

Dec 31, 2005
    thanks guys, really gona try and track one down! i am looking at the 4 string MM without the piezo bridge, hopefully someone out there has got one, i am also from the UK too which might be even harder to track one down!

5. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    It makes it near impossible. Dealers who might have a "new, old stock" one available are likely to be in the US and are bound by their dealership agreement not to sell overseas.

Your best bet is to look on ebay. Sparkles do come up from time to time.

The other thing to do is ask on the Ernie Ball forum.

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

If anyone is aware of one that's for sale, they will tend to hang out there.

6. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Vergennes,VT USA
  7. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I can only help out with a photo (which doesn't show the sparkles well at all):

[​IMG]