MusicMan Stingray price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ESF_NoFX, Jan 2, 2003.

1. ESF_NoFX

Jan 2, 2003
    Can u guys tell me the price on a MusicMan Stingray?:confused:
  2. 4 or 5 string? New or used?

4 = around $1100
    5 = around $1300
  3. ESF_NoFX

Jan 2, 2003
    a used 4 string
  4. Used prices can vary, my guess would be around $700 - $850.
  5. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    You can find used early 90's models with the Birdseye maple and string muted bridge on ebay all day long for between 6-700...worth every penny as any Stingray owner will tell you

6. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    Well that is not exactly true, or even close really. As a person who has been looking for a MM w/ Birdseye and string mutes for a 6 weeks now, I can attest that there has not been a single one on EBAY. I have checked the listings religiously every couple of hours every day.
    There have been some Rays of course, a few 70's models a couple of 80's, some with mis-matched necks, some with mutes gone etc. There have been VERY few Stingrays and none that have been in great condition.
    It is possible to get a good deal from Ebay but you absolutley can't do it 'all day long'.
    A good price BRAND new in my opinion is $950 out the door w case though most dealers won't give up that extra %.
  7. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    You bring up a good point and I should retort my comment about finding them "all day long" on EBAY. The ones that I have seen recently have the muted bridge, but the mutes had been replaced with mousepad or some automotive weather seal. I have found a few in a 8 out of 10 condition on EBAY in the past and the prices has been in the 6-700 range though.

Check the post in the classified from JRBrown..Now that is a sweet bass!