Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MusicMan Stingray price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ESF_NoFX, Jan 2, 2003.

1. ESF_NoFX

ESF_NoFX

Jan 2, 2003
    Can u guys tell me the price on a MusicMan Stingray?:confused:

2. 4 or 5 string? New or used?

4 = around $1100
    5 = around $1300

3. ESF_NoFX

ESF_NoFX

Jan 2, 2003
    a used 4 string

4. Used prices can vary, my guess would be around $700 - $850.

5. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    You can find used early 90's models with the Birdseye maple and string muted bridge on ebay all day long for between 6-700...worth every penny as any Stingray owner will tell you

Tommy

6. Bonafide

Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    Well that is not exactly true, or even close really. As a person who has been looking for a MM w/ Birdseye and string mutes for a 6 weeks now, I can attest that there has not been a single one on EBAY. I have checked the listings religiously every couple of hours every day.
    There have been some Rays of course, a few 70's models a couple of 80's, some with mis-matched necks, some with mutes gone etc. There have been VERY few Stingrays and none that have been in great condition.
    It is possible to get a good deal from Ebay but you absolutley can't do it 'all day long'.
    A good price BRAND new in my opinion is $950 out the door w case though most dealers won't give up that extra %.

7. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Bonafide,
    You bring up a good point and I should retort my comment about finding them "all day long" on EBAY. The ones that I have seen recently have the muted bridge, but the mutes had been replaced with mousepad or some automotive weather seal. I have found a few in a 8 out of 10 condition on EBAY in the past and the prices has been in the 6-700 range though.

Check the post in the classified from JRBrown..Now that is a sweet bass!