Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Musicman SUB 4 with Seymour Duncan Active 3 Band Pre-Amp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Manol, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Manol

Manol Too Sexy To Be Left Handed.

Oct 9, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi,

I am new to talkbass.com and it find it an awesome source of information. You do it without being patronising to newbies.

Now I am the market for a new bass to replace my RBX270. And being a student as much as I would love a Stingray its out of my league and im not willing to spend that much. And from what ive read on Harmony Central etc the SUB4 is a great compromise. Now ive e-mailed my local bass shop and they have suggested instead o f buying the active SUB4, buy a passive SUB4 and put a Seymour Duncan active preamp in it. They have tried this before and apparently it really makes the bass kick.

Now I was just wondering what you guys think of this proposition?

Thanks
    Manol

2. How much are you getting the SUB for? How about the electronics package? Its very possible that you could pick up a used Stingray for little or no more than what that would be. They pop up regularly here in the classifieds section for around 7-800 US$.

Dave

3. Manol

Manol Too Sexy To Be Left Handed.

Oct 9, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Im not sure yet how much ill be getting the passive sub for it retails for AU$1300. Which equates to US$982.

Ive emailed about the cost, but shipping a stingray from overseas probably isnt the best option.

Also what the difference between a Sterling and a Stingray do they sound the same?