1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Musicman Sub 5 white

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by narud, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i bought this a while back in barely playing condition. it was missing bridge adjustment screws, none of the electronics were wired up, the nut was cut horribly from the factory, the black finish on the back of the neck was chipping off. also, youll see in the pictures that the bass had been painted on at some point in its life. the second owner from which i purchased this tried to remove most of it, but some of it is still there. i never bothered trying to remove any more of it.

since then, i had a new nut made at national resophonic guitars thats spaced correctly, i bought some birchwood casey tru oil and refinished the back of the neck with oil and wax, the bridge saddle screws were replaced, a series wound musicman style replacement pickup was installed (some very minor routing was done to accommodate the pickup ears which the stock pickup doesnt have) and its now in top playing shape. ive been gigging it for maybe 6 months or so, but i in the end i preferred the feel of my atk 5 (the fingerboard radius is rounder).

the tone of this thing currently is a ballsy nathan watts on stevie's "do i do" type of tone. its got the output of an active bass so you might have to lower the input gain on your amp. playability wise, now that the neck has been refinished, it doesnt feel any different than the stingray 5 thats for sale at the shop where i work.

400 shipped (no case or bag)

5744672166_fd70e36d2b_z.

5744670894_4ef95c8470_z.

5744124479_c2bc9cd751_z.

5744674628_75d526c595_z.
    you can see in this pic the difference in shape between the replacement and stock pickups
    5744675266_d3256fcb7b_z.

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    bump

3. you have pm

4. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Killer bass, awesome price!

5. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    awesome bass, awesome price, and an awesome seller.

do any knobs come with this?

6. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i might be able to hustle some up if its a deal breaker for anyone. thanks for the kind words man. :D

7. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    pms from interested parties but no one has pulled the trigger yet bump!

8. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    So since you replaced the pickup, is the active circuit still in use? Or is it a passive replacement?

9. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    all stingray pickups are passive

10. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    and still available bump

11. narud

narud Supporting Member