Musicman SUB bass- help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dixlectic, Feb 8, 2006.

1. dixlectic

Feb 8, 2006
    after much trawling of forums I am unable to find a solution to my problem so thought I should post.
    I just bought a 2nd hand musicman sub. It is very nice, plays nice and fast and overall has an awesome sound.
    However I have a few problems, which although I've been playing for a few years now I can't seem to iron out on my own.

1 - the A string rattle - a lot above the 12th fret, but also a little bit everywhere (apart from open). I can't work out where this rattle is coming from, but it seems to be the frets

2 - the G string is vibrating against the bridge a bit

Does anyone have a spot of method for neck adjustments? I am unwilling to pay for it in a shop...

Also if anyone knows what gauge strings SUB's are shipped with as standard, that would be lovely. I tried changing the 0.4's that were on it for 0.45's, but it made no difference and to be honest I prefer the 0.4's now after years of playing 0.45's. I've heard some people say you get better tone off the thicker strings but I think thinner ones sound nicer.

I wish I could sort these problems out because otherwise it is a really really nice bass.

2. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Ask these questions in the setup forum and you'll probably get sensible answers.