Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

musicman waiting period

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Sep 6, 2001.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hey guys and gurls

I ordered a sweet stingray for my birthday, LAST JUNE. they told me it would take between 4 and 6 monthes. On october 4th it will be exactly 4 monthes. Has anyone ordered a msuicman lately, is 4 monthes fair. They told me they've taken on the short side of this, but couldn't give me an exact answer. Can anyone tell me if my bass might show up then, or thats just a pipedream. I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT. just sum imput would be helpful thanks.

2. masaru

masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    six to nine months is more realistic

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Honestly, that's one of the reasons I started looking online, because no one around me had the options I wanted, and because Music Man takes so long to send basses.

I found my Sterling on basscentral.com in the color I wanted it in... Well... close... It had a white pearloid pickgaurd which I had them swap for a 3 layer black/white/black pickgaurd.

Plus, the guys from basscentral.com are great guys... :)

I think you still have quite a waiting period ahead of you. :)

4. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    At least 6 months, no doubt about it.

I custom ordered a Stingray once, waited 5 months and then cancelled the order.

Then I custom ordered G&L, and it got to me in a month.

:D