MusicmanHD150 Info wanted

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shakedawg, Jan 1, 2005.

1. shakedawg

Jan 1, 2005
    What would be an ideal cabinet for the Misuc Man HD150.
    I dont know much about Ohms, watts, output levels and so forth. When I go to the guitar shops the guys there act like they are gods gift to Rock and Roll. any help would be appreciated
  2. titanic_tony

Aug 17, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    I have an HD-130, which is quite similar to your 150. I use a Music Man 115RH-65 cabinet, which is a single 15", 8-ohm cab. I like it a lot for small-medium size gigs. If you play any larger venues, I'd go with 2 of them to push more air. They show up on e-bay from time to time. You can find more information about old Music Man amps at

3. jdagger

Nov 21, 2004
    I used that 150 Watt head for years with a single Black Widow 15" (8 ohm) in a home grown cabinet and it had a great bottom.

The amp is capable of running an 8 ohm load or a 4 ohm load via an actual switch on the rear panel. So you could push a combination of two 8 ohm cabinets or a single 4 ohm cabinet.

The tone control section is set up with tones as follows:
    Lows from 65hz (normal) - 32hz (bass) ,
    Middle from 460 hz (normal) - 325 hz (bass) ,
    and treble at 3.3KHz.

MisicMan's own offering at the time consisted of 1-18", 1-15", 2-10", 2-12", and 4-12"

I'd drag it to a few Music stores and try some cab's out. I am thinking a 1-15 cab" and a 2-10 cab" arrangement would be sweet with that head and could be purchased so that it is also light to carry around.

Good Luck, and let us know what you bought.

BTW - Now you've got me to thinking...what would that 80's vintage head sound like with my Schroeder 1210? Hmmmmm that is a combination I am going to fire up tomorrow.