Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MusicmanHD150 Info wanted

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shakedawg, Jan 1, 2005.

1. shakedawg

shakedawg

Jan 1, 2005
    What would be an ideal cabinet for the Misuc Man HD150.
    I dont know much about Ohms, watts, output levels and so forth. When I go to the guitar shops the guys there act like they are gods gift to Rock and Roll. any help would be appreciated

2. titanic_tony

titanic_tony

Aug 17, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    shakedawg,
    I have an HD-130, which is quite similar to your 150. I use a Music Man 115RH-65 cabinet, which is a single 15", 8-ohm cab. I like it a lot for small-medium size gigs. If you play any larger venues, I'd go with 2 of them to push more air. They show up on e-bay from time to time. You can find more information about old Music Man amps at musicmanamps.com

Tony

3. jdagger

jdagger

Nov 21, 2004
    I used that 150 Watt head for years with a single Black Widow 15" (8 ohm) in a home grown cabinet and it had a great bottom.

The amp is capable of running an 8 ohm load or a 4 ohm load via an actual switch on the rear panel. So you could push a combination of two 8 ohm cabinets or a single 4 ohm cabinet.

The tone control section is set up with tones as follows:
    Lows from 65hz (normal) - 32hz (bass) ,
    Middle from 460 hz (normal) - 325 hz (bass) ,
    and treble at 3.3KHz.

MisicMan's own offering at the time consisted of 1-18", 1-15", 2-10", 2-12", and 4-12"

I'd drag it to a few Music stores and try some cab's out. I am thinking a 1-15 cab" and a 2-10 cab" arrangement would be sweet with that head and could be purchased so that it is also light to carry around.

Good Luck, and let us know what you bought.

BTW - Now you've got me to thinking...what would that 80's vintage head sound like with my Schroeder 1210? Hmmmmm that is a combination I am going to fire up tomorrow.

JD