MusicMasterPro

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by StarscreamG1, Dec 29, 2007.

1. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I saw an add for this just now and clicked it for the heck of it. I was self taught before and am interested in some instruction this time around. Has anyone had any experience with MusicMasterPro? I am interested in hearing both good and bad about it.

Thanks.

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Just judging from the examples, I'd say you could do a lot better somewhere else.

3. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Yea I listened to the examples and they were rather 'lacking' shall we say. Then I decided to check out this guys partner, 'Greg Evens' There is no Greg Evens /musician/ when you google the name.... sorry I started such a lame thread. LOL

Though I am curious if there really are any self instruction programs like that, that really work.

4. RiddimKing

RiddimKing

Dec 29, 2004
    Google "Jay Dynasty": he also "made millions with his super profit internet system...and can teach you how too"-- It gave him the impetus to become as good as Jaco in three weeks. Don't waste your money: find a real bass teacher and take as many lessons as you can afford, for as long as you can.

5. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    I have masterpro, but I would say it is not a method that can teach you how to play music with a bass , is more to learn how to play some songs: download a song, get the tab , and play it. As RiddimKing said, the best way to learn music, not only bass but music, is taking classes from a good teacher, a guy with a solid knowledge in music and with the bass.

6. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    When I played the first time I tried lessons and that was a lost cause. The biggest problem was that I just can't get learning how to read music. I played Keyboard/synth for 3 years and I could barely figure that out as far as reading music. And it had to be real simple sheet music at that and I would have to sit and pick out each note one by one several times as I stared from the sheet to the instrument before I could do it. I have lost count as to how many teachers, friends who are music majors etc that have tried to sit and teach me how to read music...I'm simply hopeless. And I'm sure that confession probably makes some of you think I can't play at all. I can, thats the crazy thing. I can come up with cool stuff but have no clue as to music theory or anything close. And sometimes I sit and wonder just what I could do if I could understand and read music and knew music theory. *sigh*

Anyway, I can read tabs (who can't?) and I'm thankful that came out. But even as hungry as I am to get back into the groove as I am this time (more so then when I first played), I don't think I could figure out anything past what my open strings are called (EADG) which is all I knew the first time. :(

Books, video, verbal, anything to try and teach me how to read music is like hitting a brick wall and I don't know why. Anyone know a teacher in central florida that can work with that?

7. RiddimKing

RiddimKing

Dec 29, 2004
    Well, first off, there are lots and lots of good bassists who can't read music. Secondly, a basic (or even fairly advanced) grasp of music theory isn't dependant on reading music. A lot depends on what your goals are: if you want to play in a rock or funk or blues band for fun, you don't need to read notation. Find a teacher who is willing to teach you scales (including modes) and to explain enough theory of harmony that you can develop your own grooves and basslines that are appropriate to a given song.

8. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Oh thank you so much for your words RiddimKing!!!!! When I played before, not knowing how to read music was always a problem with band members. They always turned their noses up at me for it....and its nice to know I can learn a little music theory without having to know how to read the sheet music in front of me.

Now to find a teacher in my area!! ^_^

And pedroims, I appreciate your review of musicpro. If I want to download tabs for a song, I can do it for free at Bassmasta.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021