Musicology is worth buying guys.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by danshee, Jul 8, 2004.

1. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Just got Musicology last week. Great album if you're in to Prince. He plays most of the bass on there too. He makes a great funky bass player. I highly recommend this. As always, the arrangments, performances, tones, mixes and all are absolutley great. Check it out. He is one hell of a musician.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It's a great album period. You don't even have to be 'into' prince to dig it.

it's funky, soulful, and creative. and the fact that prince did like 90% of the album, just makes it all the better.

BTW, there was already a thread about this in recordings ;)
  3. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Sorry, didn't know. Killer album though.
  4. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I'm seeing Prince on September 9th, where I'll get a free copy.

:D Marshall
  5. AllegroNonMolto

May 15, 2004
    You guys do realize that Prince has been making good albums for years, right? This is not a recent development, it just happens to be the one that is getting more press. Check out Rainbow Children and Gold. Both better albums than Musicology IMO.
  6. The live CD on Crystal Ball has to be one of the most bass-heavy albums of all time - on some of it he has no less than three bass parts rocking the funk out! Also on that triple CD (my freind has it not me) there's a beautiful mainly acoustic album called The Truth and that has some really great songs on - and Prince playing fretless - which as you would expect - is pretty impressive too.