1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MusicYo 5 string bass sets; can any one give me some info?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by haplo07, Dec 14, 2002.

1. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    Hi i am looking at musicYo as i type this, and while i am weary about buying online, though i've done well so far, i am skeptical about these strings for only $7.99 U.S.

the gauges are mixed compared to other sets i have seen:
    Technical Specifications: Precision-Made using automatic string winding machinery
    Made with the finest steel wire for great tone and even response
    Each pack includes a “MusicYo – What Will I Play Today?” Sticker
    Gauges: .045 .065 .080 .105 .126

standard sets so far, that i have seen are .40, .60, .80, 100, .125 or .128.

and i have seen .45, .65, .85, .105, .125, or .128

pretty much evened out in even or odd numebed gauges. music yo tosses and 80 in a set where everything else is 45, 65 so on except the B (126)

how should that feel to the fingers? i mean am i going to have loose and then one or two tight strings? or are the guages they have going to feel more balanced out for tension?

also MOST important: HOW do they sound?

2. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH COME ON PPL!!!! surely some one here has bought a set.

are they that bad no one wants to admit to using or have played a set? or are we to proud to admit you'd buy such cheap stings?

come on ppl give me some word here. :( please.

pretty please.