Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MusicYo 5 string bass sets; can any one give me some info?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by haplo07, Dec 14, 2002.

1. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    Hi i am looking at musicYo as i type this, and while i am weary about buying online, though i've done well so far, i am skeptical about these strings for only $7.99 U.S.

the gauges are mixed compared to other sets i have seen:
    Technical Specifications: Precision-Made using automatic string winding machinery
    Made with the finest steel wire for great tone and even response
    Each pack includes a “MusicYo – What Will I Play Today?” Sticker
    Gauges: .045 .065 .080 .105 .126

standard sets so far, that i have seen are .40, .60, .80, 100, .125 or .128.

and i have seen .45, .65, .85, .105, .125, or .128

pretty much evened out in even or odd numebed gauges. music yo tosses and 80 in a set where everything else is 45, 65 so on except the B (126)

how should that feel to the fingers? i mean am i going to have loose and then one or two tight strings? or are the guages they have going to feel more balanced out for tension?

also MOST important: HOW do they sound?

2. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH COME ON PPL!!!! surely some one here has bought a set.

are they that bad no one wants to admit to using or have played a set? or are we to proud to admit you'd buy such cheap stings?

come on ppl give me some word here. :( please.

pretty please.