Musicyo toby pro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nunk6, Oct 20, 2001.

1. nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    This is a very nice looking bass, and i expect that the electronics are not very good at its price ($569)
    but how is the feel of it?
    if anyone could help me out on its feel, especially the neck and how it balances that would be great
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I had one of those briefly.
    I really liked the its aspect and neck.
    The fretwork could have been a little better but it was Ok (Im very picky about fretwork).
    The feeling of the neck was perfect and very solid (Thanks to Wenge)
    It balances very well, and if you order one it could come with some Quilted Maple on the body (Mine was very quilted on some parts)

I sold it because I decided I wasnt a 4 stringer anymore, I bought it to try because several years ago I wanted a Toby.

The pickups are Mighty Mite and so is the Pre-amp.
    I advise you to at least replace the preamp, but if you replace both you will have a great sounding/playing bass.
  3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I seriously need some more info on Even though I'm low on cash this year (as it was only this year that I've bought my bass, amp and all other necessary things) but I'm considering that next year (I mean that 5string Toby). Now, the question is, ARE THEY RELIABLE SHIPPING ABROAD!? I mean Hungary as abroad, because for that I would have to ship from the U.S. Or wait till about 2003-4, when we join the EU?
  4. SteveBob

Jul 5, 2001
    hey, i have a tobias toby pro 6 and it is a good bass. I'm getting a hr 5.4 pre-amp put in as we speak. It has a great feel to it.