Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Must be crazy... Trading Ol'Faithful

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by verbass, Mar 10, 2006.

1. verbass

verbass

Apr 26, 2004
    dayville ct
    Tell me if i'm nuts . After 7 years of Warwick ownership I have set events in motion to trade my last Warwick my old #1 bass a Thumb B.O. 5 string in for a MIM Jazz Deluxe 5 string . I went back to Jazz Basses about a year ago and the Warwick is feeling more and more Alien to my hands . So it's time to go . I am not slamming Warwick Love their products and they will never get a bad review from me . It's just that my playing needs have changed . I play mostly Basses Under 1200 bucks now and I get the tones I have lusted for for years. So the old girl gets a new home... I must be crazy!:rollno:

2. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Well, I hope you're pocketing some cash on that trade.

3. verbass

verbass

Apr 26, 2004
    dayville ct
    yep my brother is the sales manager at the shop ! and I wonder why I have no cash ! I get the hard shell and some money towards my Franklin Signature P-bass that is on order:eek:

4. flash99

flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    I had a Warwick as my main bass from 1996 until 2003 even though I owned several G&L's also. And very suddenly I started liking my G&L's better. It was a few factors - Warwicks have a great tone but because of the 24 fret neck and the location of the upper horn, you have to reach out further on them. My G&L's are just more comfortable and give me the tome I want. I no longer own any Warwicks but I do have 4 G&L basses and an Alleva~Coppolo Standard 4. And my main player is an 80's G&L El Toro I picked up for $400. Go figure.

5. verbass

verbass

Apr 26, 2004
    dayville ct
    actually the Franklin Arrived today and its coming home instead.:hyper: