Must be crazy... Trading Ol'Faithful

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by verbass, Mar 10, 2006.

1. verbass

verbass

Apr 26, 2004
    dayville ct
    Tell me if i'm nuts . After 7 years of Warwick ownership I have set events in motion to trade my last Warwick my old #1 bass a Thumb B.O. 5 string in for a MIM Jazz Deluxe 5 string . I went back to Jazz Basses about a year ago and the Warwick is feeling more and more Alien to my hands . So it's time to go . I am not slamming Warwick Love their products and they will never get a bad review from me . It's just that my playing needs have changed . I play mostly Basses Under 1200 bucks now and I get the tones I have lusted for for years. So the old girl gets a new home... I must be crazy!:rollno:

2. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Well, I hope you're pocketing some cash on that trade.

3. verbass

verbass

Apr 26, 2004
    dayville ct
    yep my brother is the sales manager at the shop ! and I wonder why I have no cash ! I get the hard shell and some money towards my Franklin Signature P-bass that is on order:eek:

4. flash99

flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    I had a Warwick as my main bass from 1996 until 2003 even though I owned several G&L's also. And very suddenly I started liking my G&L's better. It was a few factors - Warwicks have a great tone but because of the 24 fret neck and the location of the upper horn, you have to reach out further on them. My G&L's are just more comfortable and give me the tome I want. I no longer own any Warwicks but I do have 4 G&L basses and an Alleva~Coppolo Standard 4. And my main player is an 80's G&L El Toro I picked up for $400. Go figure.

5. verbass

verbass

Apr 26, 2004
    dayville ct
    actually the Franklin Arrived today and its coming home instead.:hyper: