Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Must be one hell of a case!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by adam on bass, Aug 18, 2005.

1. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Remember, that's eBay Australia. Consider the exchange rate and the value of the bass in that part of the world.

What's a Schitzer?

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Actually, I had an argument with a pair of guitarists and a pianist about the proper tuning of a 6 string bass. They all insisted it should be a BEADGB, while I say it's BEADGC. I was right, they were wrong, but they still couldn't understand...

Dumb guitarists :)

4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    The C makes more sense. Agreed, stupid guitarists.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California

...except Tim Bogert, who tunes his bass BEADGB.

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Exchange rates is only part of it. Anything sold in Australia has to be shipped here from a long way away. That shipping cost unfortunately has to be passed on the the consumer, so everything over here is comparitively expensive.

7. Dumb, yes, but they're learning. They used to think 6 string basses should be tuned EADGBE back in the day....

Randy

8. Actually, guitars were supposed to be tuned BEADGC as well, but they screwed that up and never admitted it. They're just trying to cover up the mistake. Luckily, us bassists have had it right from the beginning :bassist: