1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Must have effects of 90s rock music

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by duderus, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Gasman

Gasman Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2007
    South Carolina
    I agree as well. I'm a huge AIC fan, and "Would" is just such a classic. This is the second time this clip has been posted in the last week or so. I don't get it- there's just no "meat" to that sound, which is what is needed for that song in particular. Great bass line and there are plenty of other youtube clips that represent it better, but that one is just BLEAH to my ears.

I like Inez a lot, but Starr's sound was "it". Granted, I think Jerry actually played bass on that one in the studio, but I could be wrong.

2. 1360640497596.

my 90s cover band board.

HOWEVER, nothing will matter if your singer can't cover Pearl Jam.

3. Chorus, flanger and phaser.

4. BassKitty101

BassKitty101

Jun 28, 2012
    Oregon
    Endorsing Artist: Luna Guitars, Ashdown Engineering, Cactus Picks
    No meat to the AIC tone there? I hear plenty of lows in that. It's just aggressive and gnarly as hell. I personally wouldn't grab a tone like that with only one guitarist though. Gotta take up some sonic space.

Definitely bites and is mean though. Nice. The only problem with a tone like that is all the bassist's will pick apart your playing since your bass isn't hidden in the mix haha

5. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    This one sounds much better

6. +1

7. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Pantera is rock?

+1.

The bass is still at the forefront and definitely not hiding in the mix. It still bites, but it holds down/fills out the whole song a little better IMO.

8. VeganThump

VeganThump

Jun 29, 2012
    South Jersey
  9. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    It's not that bad. It's not that good either. But "worst ever" is a bit of hyperbole.

10. VeganThump

VeganThump

Jun 29, 2012
    South Jersey
    Alright you're right, I am exaggerating a little, but it really is pretty terrible sounding.

11. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New Brunswick, NJ
    Yeah, that is definitely terrible

12. Gasman

Gasman Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2007
    South Carolina
    Yes it is:D