Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Must have lost my mind..3rd fretless 'Ray!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by amper, Mar 5, 2005.

1. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Well, I just grabbed my third fretless Stingray of of eBay. It should be here early next week. I must be crazy!

About a two and a half years ago, I played a fretless Stingray at a local GC and loved the sound, but I couldn't afford it at the time. Later that year, I found a NOS 1995 Sunburst at a local store and bought it.

Two weeks later, I found another one on eBay in Transparent Gold with matching headstock, and just had to have it. I meant to sell off the '95 Sunburst, but after two listings on eBay, I didn't get a bite, so it languished in it's case.

Then tonight, I come across another Transparent Gold with matching headstock, this time with a one-piece body and piezo. For $825 BIN, absolutely mint. Now how was I supposed to pass that up?

2. very pretty

I'm sorry that you have to sell it

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Amper, I edited your thread - it was perilously close to being a FS ad.

4. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Oops, sorry about that...After it goes up, I'll post in the appropriate forum...

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Thanks! You'll need to visit here first, though...

6. You HAVE lost your mind. However, if it's a pre-EB fretless with an ebony fingerboard, then you're perfectly sane :)

I want an ebony fingerboard, damnit...

7. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Even crazier...I actually like the later model EB's the best--but I would also really love one with an ebon board!

Hopefully someday EB will open a custom shop. High on my list are:

1. Ebony fretboards
    2. A Stingray 5 using the regular Stingray body.
    3. The return of the muted bridge.
    4. A second pickup, like the old Sabre's. I'd love a Stingray with two Stingray pickups.
    5. Other woods.