1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mustang Bass Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by smurfpiss, Apr 20, 2009.

1. smurfpiss

smurfpiss

Apr 20, 2009
    Hello, I've got a little problem on my hands.

I've recently acquired a used Vintage 1976 Fender Mustang Bass, and it seems the bridge saddles are not stock.

It's practically impossible to intonate the bass as the saddles seem to be too wide and screws too short.

The wide saddles causes havoc on the string spacing with the saddles going off from parallel to the neck.

Certain intonation screws are way too short, causing my 12th fret note to be flat even with the saddle pushed up to the end of the screw.

My question is where can I find some replacement saddles for it, I've tried the guitar shops where I live but to no avail. Another thing I'm afraid of is to place orders online as I heard that some Fender Mustang Bass replacement bridges don't fit the Vintage ones but the Reissue only.

Thanks!

2. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    Angela Instruments has N.O.S. 70's Mustang bass bridge saddles.They should work.

3. smurfpiss

smurfpiss

Apr 20, 2009
    Thanks for the quick reply! I think that would work, will the Bass Bridge Saddle Height Adjustment Screws & Bass Bridge Saddle Length Adjustment Screws from Angela Instruments work with the saddle though?

4. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    Couldn't tell you that.

Fire him an E mail. I think he doesn't like phone calls