1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mustang Bass - whadda ya think

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Runnerman, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    This mustang bass popped up on my local craigslist...

[​IMG]

Looks like it needs a good cleaning but otherwise pretty original and intact. There is a headstock picture too that looks legit.
    I am not a big Mustang guy but the price is only $250. The SN he give dates it to circa 1967. Thinking this thing is worth way more than the asking price.

Whadda ya think? Worth a 45 min drive?

2. Bass_Invader

Bass_Invader Guest

May 17, 2012
    If it is all original, legit and besides needing a little cleaning if it all works, plays and sound good then I personally would not think twice handing over $250 for that bass!

3. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    are you kidding me? buy it!

4. Itzayana

Itzayana

Aug 15, 2012
    Oakland Ca
    Heck yeah! A '67 Mustang for $250. I'd jump that one.

5. Runnerman

Mar 14, 2011
    Left a message for the dude. We'll see what happens.

6. daveman50

daveman50 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Westchester County NY
    The seller clearly doesn't know what it can fetch on the open market. You'll be very lucky to snag it that price.

7. Runnerman

Mar 14, 2011
    Guys, you won't believe this. I went out for dinner came home and he had left me a message. By the time I got back home and called him, he had also put it up on Ebay for a BIN of $300....and it was gone immediately.

So I missed it. :bawl: I really hope someone on TB snagged it. It was all original and functional and played by a local musician for many, many years...now retired and just wanting to get rid of stuff. This guy know nothing about musical instruments and was just helping the musician out to get rid of them.

My only hope is that he also has a bunch of old amps/PA stuff, etc. in a trailer. the guy is going to call me to ask me if I want any of it....so maybe I can pick up something nice there. Won't hold my breath but we'll see.