1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mustang II Guitar Amp - Open Back Mod

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by slap2much, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Putting my Fender Mustang II up for sale. If you haven't heard of or tried one yet, they are really great, the first digital modeling platform that (imo) accurately captures the nuances of different classic amp types (even down to picking sensitivity and controlling breakup by rolling back your volume knob) and combines them with useable digital effects. Plus all presets are fully editable with Fender's Fuse software, and you can record straight from usb while you're at it. Also you can store & download as many presets as you like. Built-in tuner, aux in and headphone out too. It's a little more than a year old, perfect working condition and just a few scuffs away from being like new. I did a fair amount of experimenting to improve tone and maximize useable volume, and the open back mod really gives it a fuller and more natural sound as you bring the volume up past 5 or 6. I fabricated new top and bottom panels so the mod is completely reversible and I'll include the original back and mounting screws.

Asking [DEL]$150[/DEL] $130 plus actual shipping cost from zip 60660 in Chicago (figure a 22x22x12 box that weighs around 25 lbs). If you want one of my other mods also (a Genz Benz GBE 1240-V75 driver, made by Eminence) add $30 and a few pounds onto the shipping weight. It's more efficient and better on bass/mids, that plus the open back together kick this into Mustang III territory in terms of volume and sound. I'm using a Mustang I through the PA now so don't need the extra horespower.

Pics:

M2-b.gif

M2-a.gif

M2-c.gif

2. cubanz

cubanz

Nov 2, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Bought a Mustang I for my daughter and I think I've had more fun with it than she has!
    Great little amps with a ton of tones and great modeling. You can't go wrong with these.

3. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    They are great fun, no need for a pedalboard full of effects/room full of amps to get an endless variety of tones. Great for a beginner but also stuff like adjustable sag & bias on tube amp sims for the ultra-advanced tweaker. Did I mention uploading/downloading presets through the Fender user community? Oh, and...bump.

4. I have a fender mustang I to , that got abandoned in a rental house-love that amp.

5. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Price drop to $130 + shipping. The open-back mod makes it possible to play next to a full drum kit without PA support and hear yourself comfortably. Add the speaker upgrade and do it without even going past '6' or so.

6. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Still here...also have a Squier 15 with an 8" speaker and headphone out for $20 + shipping if your budget is really tight...

7. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Bump.

8. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    On hold pending payment.

9. slap2much