1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mutt Precision Bass OLY White - Cheap

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by flewis, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I have for sale only an neat OLY White / Rosewood P-Bass that I put together that actually plays and sounds greater than than I anticipated when putting it together. Bass weighs 9.6 lbs by my scales. Currently strung w/ 45-100 Chromes Flats.

The OLY White (creamier looking than the pix) medium Relic body is unknown and not for sure of the body wood. The pocket looks Alder to me but I'm sure there are folks here on TB that would be a better judge than me guessing the body wood from the pic below. The body has more than it's share of dings and scapes.

The neck is a very sweet and fast 80's Chandler P neck w/ a great profile that's easy to play. No issues w/ the neck and she almost completely flat w/ no buzzing w/ my touch. Others may want to add relief....I like a very straight board.

There is a Decal on the headstock that was on it when I got it a fews years ago. I seem to sell the bodies that I match w/ this neck but always keep this neck around. The Tuners are Schaller Vintage 70's Machines.

The pickup is a Fender Original (62RI), the Pots are CTS and wired w/ Vintage cloth wiring. The Pickguard is a Fender 62 RI Tort PG along w/ a Fender Thumb Rest. The Bridge is a Gotoh 203 plate along w/ Fender Deluxe Saddles. Beefier than Vintage, but still vintage looking. The body has Straplocks and the mates will be including for your strap. To complete the deal, A Fender Deluxe Gig Bag is included.

This body has it's share of dings and paint chips that's why I'm considering it a Relic.

I'm selling this P-Bass to to raise funds. I want the NOS CS64 weary hobo' has listed. :)

I could do much netter financially if I sold the Neck and loaded body seperately.....and that's a option also!

$335 Shipped, PayPal, CONUS Only

Sorry no Trades! I want 'weary hobo's' NOS CS64! :)

MuttPBassFull.

MuttPBasBody.

bodyfront1.

front2.

Bodyrear.

neckrosewood.

A pic showing the neck
    pocket1.

headstockfront.

headstockrear.

2. jawnnylowend

jawnnylowend

Apr 2, 2010
    cant wait to see this beauty! sounds amazing. waiting on the pics. then expect a pm!

3. flewis

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Pix have been loaded!

4. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    yup, looks like alder.

5. jawnnylowend

jawnnylowend

Apr 2, 2010
    beautiful! pm'd

6. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Man, what a bargain !

If I didn't have a zillion P Basses already, I'd jump on this....

7. tb420

tb420

Sep 23, 2008
    Any chance thats a nitro finish?

8. flewis

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm pretty sure it's Poly!

9. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I am shocked and amazed that this bass hasn't sold yet !

Man, if the neck I just advertised sells, I might have to grab this bass.

10. flewis

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    SOLD!

11. ...REALLY good thing... I was about to blow money i don't have and force myself to sell my VMTB...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.