Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

muzeekworld/gear-trader EBay fiasco wrap-up

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by geshel, Dec 11, 2002.

1. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    In September I tried to buy a QSC PLX3002 off Ebay from "musicgoods" (they have changed their name to "gear-trader" since then - their website is www.muzeekworld.com). The gave me the runaround for a month (they never had the amps, and kept giving me crap about bad shipments from QSC, while a little birdie told me that they weren't ordering squat from QSC), and I finally canceled and left bad feedback. I just noticed that last month they got vindictive and gave me false negative feedback. The *u(%ers.

So, for my amusement, your torture, and the possible benefit to anyone else out there who might order from the jerks, I've compiled the whole fiasco into a timeline of events. Enjoy. ;)

PS the spelling errors aren't mine. . .

-------------
    Friday 9/13/2002 10:40 PM

I'm the high bidder for a QSC PLX3002 from seller "musicgoods" on Ebay.
    I send a "Request Payment Information" email to find out how much shipping will be.

Saturday 9/14 5:56 PM

I receive this email from musicgoods:

I send this in reply:

Sunday 9/15 5:13 PM

I get this email:

I reply:

6:20 PM I get this back:

And I reply:

6:44 PM this comes in:

And my reply:

Monday 9/16

My journal entry:

I didn't mention, but they also told me on the phone they'd email me a tracking # when it shipped (in a couple
    of days)

Friday 9/20

Haven't heard anything, so I send this email:

Monday 9/23

I get this email:

Friday 9/27

I have heard nothing since, and send:

Monday 9/30

Still no word. I send

Journal entry:

Tuesday 10/1

I get this email:

I call, and leave a message asking exactly when the next shipment will come in. I get this email:

Meaning Thursday 10/10.

Saturday 10/12

Journal entry:

When this was written I had not heard back from them. I wrote the following:

Tuesday 10/15

Heard nothing from them. I call and cancel my order. They refund my money.

What I haven't mentioned, so far, is that early on in this ordeal I discovered that
    "Muzeekworld's" QSC suppliers had been shut down for some questionable business
    practices. So first, they are not an authorized QSC dealer. Second, it seems
    increasingly likely that I am being given the runaround for some reason or another.
    Either way, I was completely fed up with the whole thing.

They sold something like five other QSC amplifiers in other auctions at the same
    time as mine. So far, 30 days later, none of the high bidders has left feedback
    yet.

On 10/15 I leave the following feedback for them on Ebay (note that, they have since
    changed their Ebay account name from "musicgoods" to "gear-trader"):

I filed a complaint with Ebay. However, as I got my money back they don't care.

I thought the whole thing was behind me, but today I noticed the following in my feedback
    profile (from "gear-trader", left on 11/18/2002):

To which I responded:

The last bit is a reference to this feedback left for "gear-trader" by "foamicon" on 11/27:

"foamicon" obviously had more patience than me. I feel sorry for them. I still wonder what's
    going on with the other high bidders. Musicgoods/muzeekworld/musiciansstore.net/gear-trader haven't tried
    to sell any more QSC amps since then. :rolleyes:

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    wow... that all sounds like a load... I can't help you with much, but here is a link to ebay that states that sellers cannot add on paypal fees at the end of an auction... here is the link.

"Sellers may not charge eBay buyers an additional fee for their use of ordinary forms of payment, including acceptance of checks, money orders, electronic transfers or credit cards. Such costs should be built into the price of the item "

P@

3. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Geshel, thank you for the heads up. I will file these jerks in my Avoid Like the Plague folder. It's very unfortunate that these people are allowed by eBay to file retaliatory feedback when they are clearly at fault as you have meticulously documented. Of course eBays only real concern is they get their fees as has been proven many times in the past. I have a had a couple of occasions where I wanted to leave bad feedback, but have not just to protect my perfect rating and that is the catch 22 of their system.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    one thing you can always do if you want people to see the whole story is write up a timeline on a webpage and leave the link for the webpage with your negative feedback so people can read the documented truth.

brad cook

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I thought about that! Too late unfortunately.

pmkelly, thanks for the info. :mad: I might have to bother Ebay with that some more. Maybe the combination of the bogus feedback and the fee thing will get them off their butts (but, from what I've heard, they really don't care about crappy behavior, as long as nothing illegal happens and they get their money).

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    dang... what a bunch of fakes.. I can't stand getting the run around from people. at least you got your money back though Gesh

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    One more reason Lord Valve rules for QSC stuff!