Mwah in Love with a Warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Apr 15, 2004.

1. This is just Boo0otyful

Wonderful looking Bass....

Played a Streamer Jazzman with the same Pup config and was blown does this differ in sound...??...

But Mwwah its pretty
  2. Tis just so0o very nice..!!!!

Go well with my GB that would hehe...
  3. Wow. That looks SO COOL!

How did they make it look like that? Is that a single piece of wood on the top that had that much variation in the grain, or did they somehow layer two different kinds of wood on there and make them fit together like that?
  4. Its Swirly Burbinga not sure what part of the tree it is from but each one is totally unique (as with all woods but more so when its a top like this)..

Placed over a Walnut Body..
  5. kap49

Oct 16, 2003
    Sportin' major wood.
    Very nice.
  6. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    That is SOOOO tasty.

Huhuhuhuh....wood is cool....huhuhuhh.

huhuhuhuh....I said "wood"....huhuhuhuh.
  7. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    nice bass, warwicks rule.
  8. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    i played one too, there quite nice. maybe my favourite warwick ive played. i think its just darker stain on the out side.
  9. Yeah. That makes sense.
  10. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN, that's the top. It's either 1 piece of wood, or 2 that are bookmatched.
  11. Just so I understand you correctly. So, the wood itself can have that much variation in color?
  12. Come to think of it, I guess I had seen some of those raw pieces of wood with radically different colors in them, but never pieced it together. When I saw this bass, I had assumed they did something to the wood to make it look like that. That's cool, man.
  13. The fretboard doesn't look like Wenge... Thats wierd? I thought all Warwicks had Wenge fretboards.. except the dumb blond. :D
  14. I like your door....

Ok, enough of that...the warwick you are sporting is mighty fine. i believe that to be one solid top consisting of pomelle grade bubinga with the sapwood of the same piece as the middle.
  15. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    that's Nick Wheeler's bass, it's on ebay right now.
    His description:

This is an unbelievably rare Warwick FNA 2002 Ltd Bass, made by Mr. Warwick himself - Hans Peter Wilfer - He's even signed the back of the headstock - how cool is that.

The wood for this bass was selected personally by Hans Peter Wilfer from his private stock, and you can just tell the quality is above and beyond any 'standard edition' Warwick bass - which is saying something, as even they are superb quality instruments. Ovenkol Neck, Custom Inlayed Rosewood Fingerboard, MEC J/MM polepc pickups, Black hardware.

This is number 75 of only 200 ever made

16. LOL !

That is a nice door, I wonder how it sounds ?
  18. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    thats what i was leaning to if it wasnt a stain. :smug:
  19. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    This is #1, but I have seen them do #2 on a custom Thumb with swirly bubinga top and ash back (and maple fb) that they put that together in a way that the line in the sied where they put the two together corresponded with the swirl in the bubinga :eek: it looked amazing