1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

mwb-4bk (montrey bass) is it any good.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dazza51, Jan 29, 2006.

1. dazza51

dazza51

Jan 13, 2006
    I've been playing bass for about half a year now and I want to buy a new guitar.
    This will be my second guitar that i've bought so I'm not after a perfect $3000 alambic bass or anything. Instead I'm looking at the more affordable montrey bass, the make is mwb-4bk. I don't have a lot of experience in chosing bass guitars so
    if any one could tell me about it and whats good or bad about it, It'd be much appreciated, thanks. below is a link where you can view it.

www.guitar.com.au/guitars/bass/monterey/monterey.htm

:bassist: :bassist:
    :bassist:

2. montereys are mass produced "questionable" quality instruments...

IMO...for the same price, you would probably be better off to buy a Yamaha RBX170 or RBX270...I have an RBX170 that I think is very good for the price...they're also mass-produced, but have a better build quality...the 170 has an agathis body, and the 270 has an alder body...

for a sight more, go for the Yamaha BB414...a GREAT instrument, IMO.

also, I'd stay away from those "cool looking" warlock style bodies...they may seem cool, now, but believe me, 3 years from now, you'll look at it with disdain...