MxPx - ten years and running

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stupidnick, May 24, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    Anybody have this album yet?
    I bought it today.. its bassicly a ramake of all the familier songs ( punk rawk show, chick magnent, wat ad, doing time, teenage politics, gsf, do your feet hurt...ect) its 19 songs plus 2 new ones.. i plopped down 14 bux and im very happy with it... as is every mxpx cd ive bought (still am missing life in general which i plan to buy off tooth and nail M.O)
    well ehhh its a good album... imo anybody have any opinions?
  2. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    How's the bass? After all this is Talk Bass.
  3. i downloaded it, and i think a lot of the songs are forgettable, except for a few such as My Life Story which i really like.

i'm not a big MxPx fan so the only songs i can compare to the rerecordings are punk rawk show and chick magnet. the new version of p.r.s. is much better, but the new version of chick magnet is slowed down and the voice is drenched in reverb, sounds pretty lame in my opinion.
  4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Easiest bass line ever. :p I like chick magnet only coz it has a catchy bass line as such. I have heard a few others and they are bordering on better than the originals. I think its a sign of desperativeness if you start to redo your own songs onto another album.

But hey, Blink did it with Buddha and Cheshire Cat and look what it did to them! (no pun intended).
  5. MixPix! MixPix! MixPix! MixPix! MixPix! MixPix!

sorry.....everytime I see that name I think that....needed to vent.

My friend's a fan of MxPx (MixPix!) and he said it was alright. I liked their earlier stuff....when I was a whiney bratty punk, knawmean?