Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by tallguybcs, Aug 4, 2001.

1. I use to like them, and for some reason, I stopped liking them, but I listened to their stuff again, and its really good. I mean, Ill admit its popish, but they are great musicians, they have a good message, and its just fun to play along to.

Anyone else wanna admit that they like them?
  2. bleachstained

Apr 22, 2001
    Haven't listened to them for awhile but the latest two albums and the Live I like. They finally starting playing punk that isn't annoying which I like, and they look awesome live.(I only have the home video-never seen them live). And Mike has a nice bass collection.
  3. ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Yeah! Mxpx is one of my fav. bands...I think Mike Herrera gets great sound from that Stingray.
  4. saw them live, and they were awesome. i started playing differently after seeing mike herrarra play. they know how to put on a show
  5. Actually, I prefer the sound he gets out of the old Peavey T-40, and he is definately one of my fav players.

I still like Teenage Politics best, it sounds more raw and energetic.
  6. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Teenage politics is a great song. One of my personal faves is Responsibility. MxPx has "evolved" very gracefully if you ask me. As they have drifted from punk into more pop-punk they still are a great band and their songs actually have meanings......well, most of them at least.
  7. I just picked up Let It Happen, and am VERY disappointed, sounds very much like all the other pop punk bands. Most of the latter songs sounds exactly like Fenix TX, I expected better.
  8. I would like to step forward and say that I am a chick magnet.
  9. Oh and I like MXPX too. I did sort of fall away for awhile, butrecently I have started listening to them again.
  10. I love MxPx.. songs with meaning, Mike and his stingray its great! they're so awesome live too!
  11. punkachu

Nov 22, 2001
    southampton, uk
    they're cool, and they got cool bass lines - unlike some other punk bands *cough*blink*cough*
  12. Plus Mike (the bassist) has written all the songs! That's pretty amazing if you ask me, considering how many songs they have!
  13. yeah mxpx makes me think of what green day and blink-182 would if they hadnt gone mainstream
  14. Ughhh...All my friend listens to is Mxpx. I dont like them much.