1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MXR -80 and VT Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DrewGK, Nov 28, 2010.

1. DrewGK

DrewGK

Jul 19, 2010
    Hey guys

recently Ive been wanting the MXR M-80 becuase i like the tones it gives in all the demo videos and ive HEARD that it doesn't take the sound of your bass away, so much as add to it.

I used to have a Sansamp BDDI, but it sounded the same with every bass I used and i lost the characteristics of the intruments in my opinion. So I sold the BDDI a while ago.

Now Ive also been looking at the VT bass however. So my questions to ANYONE wno may know are..

1)Is The MXR M-80 good at retaining the sound of your BASS, or does it color over it to the point of not being able to recognize it

2)Does the VT Character pedal retain the sound of your bass, or does it pull a BDDI and turn it into something else completely

2. bassJoRD

bassJoRD

Nov 25, 2010
    heyyy i would go for the mxr if you want to keep charistc sounds of you bass (havent got one would love one) but my mate has one and ive tried it though a few diffren basses and is ammmmzing and with ecah bass comes a diffrent tone :) hope this helps (sorry about spelling) :)

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The Sansamp is meant to emulate an SVT, so if that's what you want,...otherwise, the MXR is a great pedal. ANYthing you run in your signal path will impart some sort of "colorization", but the VT is certainly "more".