1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MXR Analog Chorus - A video overview!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Woodsbass, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Nice. I like the way you show settings for each part.

2. Thanks!

3. BluesOnBass

BluesOnBass Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2010
    By the Big Lake
    Very nice job! I like the way you set up the visual for this video, and also the way you play the sample. A great way to show what this pedal can do, as well as what changing the setttings does to the tone. Keep up the good work!

4. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Finally a video clip with bass.
    I've been trying to decide between the MXR Micro and the Analog chorus.

This may lean my decision to the Analog chorus.

Thanks!

5. The Micro is nice but it only has one knob and there is a slight volume jump. The volume jump didn't bug me at first but it got to me in the end and I traded it in for a Black Label Chorus which is basically an analog chorus with a different paint job. I really like having the ability to control the depth and level compared to just the rate. The high and low cut is a nice feature too.

6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Sounds pretty cool.

7. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    That was a good demo - thank you for posting that :D

8. No problem, I plan on doing that for all the pedals I buy in the future.

9. thedovewarlord

thedovewarlord

Dec 29, 2010
    NY
    Hey @Woodsbass thank you for that great demo clip. You helped me narrow down things. I just bought mine Monday at 30th Street Guitars in NYC (moved to 27th Street FYI). They're the best people BTW. I was able to try both in a practice room for a while. I picked up the MXR M234 Analog Chorus (not the Deluxe) version and love it! Was debating between the MXR and the Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus. Was a tough choice actually. Both sound great. The Tech 21 offered more range of control, but was nearly double the price. The MXR is also versatile and I'm having lots of fun with it, finding good and inspiring sounds is super quick and easy. My pedal collection is growing quicker than I expected, I'd love to hear this paired with the MXR Carbon Copy. Perhaps my next purchase down the road.

--theDove