1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe or Analog Chorus??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by weksasemaj, Mar 22, 2013.

1. weksasemaj

weksasemaj

Nov 29, 2012
    Seems the Deluxe has more options (especially the crossover) but the Analog Chorus is quieter (and cheaper) ... which do you think??
    Thanks!

2. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Bass Chorus Deluxe would be my choice by very far.
    I've not perceived a noise problem with this pedal at all. For the record.

3. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    The noise "issue" I think really depends on your setup. I run the mxr BCD in a chain of about 7 other pedals, 1 being a preamp, and I get some noise when the flanger is engaged. I've only had the pedal for a month or so so I haven't really grown very familiar with my settings on my whole rig in relation to the mxr. But it's still on my board regardless of the noise it makes through my rig so that should tell you something.

4. MCS4

MCS4

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    FWIW I did not think the Analog Chorus was lacking in bass response when I tried one out. The Bass Chorus Deluxe may be better for bass, all things being equal, but I don't think you would be disappointed if you went with the Analog.

5. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

I was very disappointed in the bass chorus deluxe. Just did not do anything for me- I actually preferred my old Boss chorus

ToS likes this.
  6. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Hoboken
    I have the analog chorus, and don't find it to be lacking. That said, I haven't compared it to the BCD.

7. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Which boss chorus do you use, the CEB 3 for bass or just the regular chorus?

8. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Gregmon79

I yse the. CEB 3....I actually traded it in when I got the mxr bass chorus deluxe but GC was very cool and sold it back to me for the very same price they gave me for it originally

9. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Wow, that's a surprise. GC usually won't do stuff like that. I have the CEB 3 on my board too. I used the mxr for the flanger. Until I come across something better, they'll stay right were they are.

10. weksasemaj

weksasemaj

Nov 29, 2012
    thanks for the responses - getting the Deluxe (for the crossover)

11. i have the same pedal. it seems that when i engage the pedal with the crossover on, bass frequencies are added. what i meen is that indeed chorused lows dissapear but also bass frequencies are added. why is that happening;

12. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I used to have the MXR BCD. I dug it at first but noticed it got completely lost in the mix for me. I was using as a flanger. It does have a very warm analogue sound but it was too warm for me. I can't say anything about the the other one. I returned my BCD and got a boss BF3 instead. I'm happy. I'm still looking for a stronger chorus than what I have now though, the CEB3. It's ok. Still not strong enough for me though.

13. Flymo Wang

Flymo Wang

Jan 5, 2011
    Bristol, UK
    love my analog chorus. didn't try the BCD as I'm not at all interested in a flanger.

more than happy with the analog chorus, really great pedal... it's like my old analog boss ce-5, just a bit less metallic sounding.

14. dirtytone

dirtytone

Nov 9, 2012
    I have the mxr analog chorus. I like it alot alot!! i am sure the bcd does some things better, but i dont really miss what i never did know to begin with. And for flanging I use a bf3 anyways. I like the momentary setting on the bf3. As I use both chorus and flanger for spacy intros and bridges. So my setup works best for me. I have messed wit the bcd at GC but it didn't sell me enough to buy it in replace of my amazing analog chorus.. YMMV. Cheers.