1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MXR Bass DI just died... what are my options?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mrkreuzschlitz, May 15, 2011.

1. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    So I have an MXR Bass DI that I use primarily as a DI at the church I play at on Wednesdays. I was practicing one day for our set, unplug it and put it in my case, get to church, and NOTHING is working on it but the parallel out. The XLR and 1/4" out had zero signal no matter what I tried. New cables, phantom power, 9v, wall wart, trying the distortion channel, hitting the color switch, it still had no output after trying all of those things. So, is it even fixable? And if so, would it be a better idea financially to just reinvest in something else or no?

2. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I'd contact Dunlop's customer service department. I've never had any issues when it comes to that, they have a fantastic service department!

3. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    1. + [​IMG] = thinkerg.

4. sonicnuance

sonicnuance Commercial User

Aug 30, 2003
    California, USA
    Engineer & Owner, Sonic Nuance Electronics
    +1

5. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    I'll do that! My only concern is I don't care for it TOO much and they'll have me ship it out, then tell me how much it'll cost to fix, then I have to ship it back... yeah. Haha doesn't intrigue me but I can certainly email them!