MXR bass di knobs.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fenderx55, Sep 1, 2005.

1. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    Hey, i want to put a blue led in my MXR bass di+ and i have everything apart to remove the pcb except the knobs. anyone know how to pop these suckers off? i don't want to just pull willy nilly (haha i just said willy nilly) because there appears to be a little clip or something under and to the right of each knob.

thanks alot,
  2. Be very careful with these knobs, they can be a b**** to get back on sometimes. There are little springs under the knobs and a little pin that goes in the springs.. it's all really a big pain in the butt!

When you take the back off of it, you can take one of the switches off easily by unscrewing the frame holding it, with the other switch I don't think so. From the front you can try to remove the washer but I think that would just cause bigger problems. Honestly i'd leave that alone.. I don't see why you need a blue led :rolleyes: It already has two pretty lights on it, what would the purpose of a blue one be?
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    At the angle the pedal sits on my board its hard to see if the pedal is on depending on where im standing and has shown to be a problem during the last two shows i played. The blue is also alot brighter and easier to see under certain lighting conditions.

edit: got the knobs off; however, the pcb still isn't coming out...and i'm afraid of cracking the mother.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Stuff with blue lights sounds better. Didnt you get the memo?