Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MXR Bass Octave Sound Clips

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by IcedEarthWOM, Jan 24, 2006.

1. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    Looking for samples of:

-Just the octave
    -Octave and dry mix

Thanks!

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Ok, did some quick clips for you with my Passive MIA Jbass

I ran the A Major Scale with just the octave, then I dimed both the Octave and Dry channels, then I ran the Dry full on and with Octave at 12oclock.

Using the same patterns I noodled around a bit ending on the riff from Colt 45 each time so you get an idea. Hope this helps.

yeah it's too big to post, pm me with an email address and it's urs.

3. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    Sounds Nice!

How do you find the tracking? It sounded great to me, but I have no experience with such things :(

Q for anyone with a compressor:
    Would running one before the M-88 help with tracking (if there are any issues). I imagine it would, but again, no experience :help:

Thanks!

4. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    The only major issue I have is in the dead spot on my neck at the 4-6 frets on G. It just kinda hits the note then stops. If you do a search, there was another, slightly more expensive octaver that made me drool discussed about a month ago.
    FWIW it tracks very well and sounds sweet up past the 9th fret. At low G on the E string it breaks up but I kind of like the way that sounds. Lots of usuable tones here.

5. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    Anyone on the Aphex Bass Xciter (Big Bottom) helping tracking????

If you mean the EBS Octaver, I can't get them where I am :bawl: